How the Kidney Stone Prevention Course will help you meet your weight loss goals.
The course will teach you how to prevent kidney stones and eat healthier, but the group calls with Jill will teach you how to continue to make healthy choices long after the pain of your kidney stone. And for those of you who want to lose weight, you will find support, safety, and simple tools to get you through the weight plateaus (yes, they will undoubtedly happen) and how to keep making healthy choices when your will and memories of kidney stone pain fade.
There are so many reasons we choose the foods we eat. No one has ever said, “today was the worst day, honey; bring me back that bag of kale before you sit down to our movie.” No one ever. We want chips, cookies, ice cream. We have learned over time to use food as comfort. The group calls with Jill will support you through those tough times.
Here are some of the topics we bring to the group each week.
- How to curtail stress eating.
- What are your food triggers, and how to deal with them.
- Stop labeling food as good or bad.
- Learn what way of eating works best for YOU.
- How to get yourself out of the “clean plate club”.
- Understand YOU CAN EAT CARBS and lose weight.
- How to be consistent (FOR REAL THIS TIME).
- Understand why you are sabotaging your weight loss.
- Exchange old eating habits into healthier eating habits.
- Reframe your mind on how you think about food.
- How to navigate eating out, holiday eating, vacations, etc.
- How to eat for nourishment, not comfort (most of the time).
- Learning how to push through plateaus of weight loss.
- How to use the portion, not perfection principle.
- How to be more compassionate and kind to yourself.
- How to manage your expectations during weight loss.
- Rid yourself of diet industry guilt and shame.
- Understand how your childhood environment is driving your present behaviors.
- Have a safe and supportive place to discuss these things knowing you are not alone.