“What should I pack for my road trip so that I stay compliant!?”
It’s easy to overeat on long road trips, but there are things we can do to keep it healthy. Here are the foods I load up on when embarking on a long car journey. But remember, these short trips (less than a couple of weeks) won’t cause new stones.
- Harvest Pea Snaps
- Sunflower seeds unsalted
- Pumpkin seeds unsalted
- Jill’s Morning Muffin (or anytime)
- Hint of Salt Triscuits
- Any bread that is lower in sugar and sodium
- Skinny Pop popcorn
- P.B. Fit PURE (lower calories, lower fat powdered peanut butter, which you can still fit into your lower oxalate lifestyle).
- Sugar-Free Jelly
- Jill’s granola
- Wonderful pistachios, no salt
- No sugar added fruit bars variety
- Bare fruit crisps
- No salt pretzels
- Nondairy milk or powdered milk
- My fav crunchy snack lately
- Jill’s Banookies
- Jill’s Low-Sugar Granola Bars
- No sodium tortilla chips
- Seltzer water
- Water flavor-enhancements
- Jill’s Low-Oxalate Protein Bars (from the new KSD safe snack book)
For the Cooler
- Milk, dairy or nondairy
- O.J. (lower sugar and has calcium like Trop 50/50
- Jill KSD Safe Energy Balls
- Boiled eggs
- Any fruit except raspberries
- Apple sauce, no sugar added
- Red pepper
- Snap peas
- Instead of listing the individual veggies and fruits, here is a grocery list of high fiber, low oxalate produce for easy planning.
- Swiss cheese (swiss is the lowest sodium and highest calcium bang for your buck)
- Yogurt- Greek or regular. Get the lowest sugar and highest calcium ratio. The same goes for plant-based people.
- Low sodium deli meat
- Jill’s Seed Cakes (from the new snack and dessert ebook)
By the way, I assume you’ll get out to move your legs and go to a restaurant here and there throughout your journey. Don’t worry about it. Do the best you can. That is all I ask. And if Mickey D’s is part of your road trip fun, have it. If you want to be extra diligent, order the kids’ meal. PORTION NOT PERFECTION works nicely in this scenario!
I hope this helps. If you have favorite items that you enjoy while road trippin’, reply to this email and let me know. I will add it to the list!
Your friend and advocate,
Note: Some foods are affiliate links for which I may make a small commission. But rest assured they are also foods I buy. I would never suggest something I don’t use myself.
Leave a Reply